Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Francophile

I was reading the Nov edition of House and Home when I came across an article on Luce Gayrard's house in downtown Montreal. It was love at first sight! the effortless mix of my hearts weakness, French Provincial furnishings meshed with the simplicity of modern 21st century designs. The images of red velvet Louis XV style dining chairs against soft upholstered white day beds, leather sofas lush with textured pillows. My heart skipped a beat or two.

What is it about the Marie Antoinettes of french antiques that captures my heart?


This French antique Corbeille bed upholstered in a Galicia fabric by Sanderson is...


This antique French Rococo style chair covered in bright stripy Ziva fabric from Harlequin .... speaking of which....

..... tomorrow I will reveal my next project. stay tuned!

4 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Love that bed!!

Jennifer Lee said...

Same here gypsy purple. I'm so in love with that bed that I'm trying to find one similar to it for myself :)

Alkemie said...

The striped chair is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see your chair!

Karen O :)

Jennifer Lee said...

thanks karen.